UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) have announced that the following changes will come in to effect as of 24th November 2016. Here’s what you need to know:
Tier 2 General – Migrant Workers:
• The Tier 2 (General) salary threshold for experienced workers will be increased to £25,000, with some exemptions
• The Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) salary threshold for short term staff will be increased to £30,000
• The Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer), graduate trainee salary threshold, will be reduced to £23,000 and the number of places increased to 20 per company per year
• Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) skills transfer sub-category will be closed. A change is being made to facilitate variations of occupation for applicants sponsored in graduate changing programmes, making it easier for them to change profession during or after the plan – without their sponsor needing to carry out a further Resident Labour Market Test, or to submit a new application.
Tier 4 General:
• Several changes are being made including amendments to the academic progression rule, maintenance requirements for the Doctorate Extension Scheme and evidence of overseas qualifications, UK qualifications used as evidence, and a series of minor and technical adjustments.
English Language Requirement:
• An English Language requirement at level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is being introduced for non-EEA partners and parents.
The new requirement will affect those applying to extend their stay after 2.5 years in the UK on a 5-year route to settlement under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. The new requirement will apply to partners and parents whose current leave date under the family Immigration Rules is due to expire on or after 1 May 2017.
For the full extensive list of changes refer to the Statement of Changes or contact us - our expert team of relocation consultants can answer any questions you may have concerning the changes above. Call us on 01635 239040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.< Back to news list